San Bernardino mass shooting

 

McCain: Obama’s address offered no changes to his reactive, indirect, and incremental strategy


PUBLISHED Sun, December 06, 2015 - 8:32pm EST


U.S. Senator John McCain, the Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, says in a statement: "President Obama’s address tonight failed to obscure what has become increasingly clear to the American people: that we are not winning the war against ISIL, and that the threat of terrorism against our homeland is real and growing. As the President said, America should never give in to fear. But neither should we fear to acknowledge the nature and severity of the threats we face and do everything within our power to confront them." (more)

McCain continued: “President Obama is fond of invoking lessons of our nation’s recent wars. Yet the simplest and most important lesson is the one he failed to mention tonight: apocalyptic terrorists cannot be allowed to have sanctuary in ungoverned spaces from which to plan attacks against us. Yet after more than a year of an indecisive military campaign, ISIL maintains its sanctuaries in Iraq and Syria from which to conduct and inspire attacks like Paris and San Bernardino."

McCain added: “President Obama offered no changes to his reactive, indirect, and incremental strategy. He continues to assume that time is on our side. It is not. If we do not destroy this threat now, and fast, no one should be surprised if America gets attacked again. Whatever we would do in response to such an attack is what we should do now to prevent it. America needs a strategy to destroy ISIL as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, that is not what President Obama described tonight.”





  United States        95 UPDATES

 



LEAVE COMMENTS



.
More Updates



 1 yr   FBI probes ‘new method’ to unlock San Bernardino attacker’s iPhone

              The Federal Bureau of Investigation says it is investigating a new method that may allow investigators to break into the iPhone of San Bernardino gunman Syed Rizwan Farook without the assistance of Apple. (more) Read More


  California        95 UPDATES

 



 1 yr   FBI search San Bernardino gunman’s brother’s house

              FBI agents searched the California townhome of the brother of one of the San Bernardino terror attack shooters. Syed Raheel Farook is a Navy veteran who earned medals for fighting global terrorism. Agents were carrying out a search warrant as part of an ongoing investigation.


  San Bernardino, CA        95 UPDATES

 



 1 yr   Apple’s CEO opposes court order to help FBI unlock iPhone belonging to San Bernardino shooter

              Apple’s CEO Tim Cook says his company will not comply with a court order to help the FBI break into an iPhone recovered from one of the San Bernardino shooters citing the move would threaten the security of its customers. (more) Read More


  San Bernardino, CA        95 UPDATES

 



 1 yr   READ: Court order instructing Apple to help FBI break into phone of San Bernardino gunman

              U.S. Magistrate Judge Sheri Pym in California has ordered Apple to assist the Federal Bureau of Investigation in breaking into the encrypted phone of Syed Rizwan Farook, who was one of the two shooters who carried out an attack in San Bernardino in December, killing 14 people. The FBI had earlier indicated that it was unable to break into Farook's phone. Read More


  San Bernardino, CA        95 UPDATES

 


 1 yr   Enrique Marquez, friend of San Bernardino attackers, pleads not guilty

              Enrique Marquez Jr., the friend of San Bernardino attackers Tashfeen Malik and Sayed Farook, has pled not guilty to federal terrorism charges in connection with the purchase of weapons and previous terror plots. (more) Read More


  San Bernardino, CA        95 UPDATES

 


 


Happening Now

Suspects killed after failed terrorist attack in northeast Spain

Van Crashes Into Pedestrians In Barcelona City Center

Barcelona incident has ‘hallmarks of a terrorist attack’: Tillerson

Van mows down crowd in Barcelona

‘It’s complete panic’ - Barcelona witness recalls van crash





BNO NEWS RADIO







SIGN-UP BREAKING ALERTS



Just want the important news? Sign up now for the fastest email alerts from BNO News. Click here to get started!




LIVE WIRE


‘It’s complete panic’ - Barcelona witness recalls van crash

News summary for Monday, August 14, 2017

Protesters tear down Confederate statue in Durham, North Carolina

Suicidal man crashes car into pizzeria near Paris, killing 1

Texas Amber Alert: Priscilla Martinez abducted from Hidalgo County





VIDEOS


Gone fishing: Russia’s Putin bares chest on Siberian lake trip

Trump signs Russia sanctions bill, calls it ‘flawed’

Trump replaces White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus

North Korea fires missile capable of reaching major U.S. cities

Manafort subpoenaed to testify