Yemeni conflict

 

Editor’s Note: Yemen’s Houthi rebels claim scud missile attack on Saudi Arabia


PUBLISHED Mon, June 29, 2015 - 5:49pm EDT


BNO News is following reports from Yemen where Houthi rebels claim to have fired Scud and Grad missiles into neighboring Saudi Arabia, though the credibility of the claim is uncertain. The reports have not yet been confirmed by Saudi officials.

In a broadcast on Houthi-controlled Al Masirah TV, the rebels announced they had fired a Scud missile at a military site in Saudi Arabia. A Houthi forces spokesman told the channel that the attack was meant to serve as “a message to the forces of aggression.”

Saudi Arabia is spearheading an Arab coalition to support the government of Yemeni President Hadi in their fight against Houthi rebels.

The Houthi-controlled SABA news agency reported earlier on Monday night that Houthi forces had launched a number of Grad missiles at two military sites in Jizan and Najran, both in southwestern Saudi Arabia. It said ambulances had rushed to the sites.

There was no independent confirmation to confirm the Houthi claims.

Updates will be posted as they become available.





  Saudi Arabia        21 UPDATES

 



LEAVE COMMENTS



.
More Updates


URGENT
 1 yr   U.S. strikes al-Qaeda training camp in Yemeni mountains, killing dozens

              The U.S. military has carried out an airstrike against a suspected al-Qaeda training camp in eastern Yemen, killing dozens of alleged militants, the Pentagon says. (more) Read More


  Mukalla, Yemen        21 UPDATES

 



 2 yrs   4 killed, several others injured in car bomb attack in Yemen

              Four people were killed and several others injured on Sunday when a suicide car bomb exploded in a Yemini port city of Aden. Eyewitnesses and medics say the explosion took place outside the home of the director of security.


  Yemen        21 UPDATES

 



 2 yrs   UN spokesman on airstrike on Yemeni wedding: “It seems clear that a grave incident occurred in this village,” death toll being verified

              Rupert Colville, spokesman for the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, said by email: "Our team on the ground in Yemen has received these reports (as have others). They are trying to verify the details, including the precise number of people who were killed and injured. That will of course take some time -- but it seems clear that a grave incident occurred in this village. So it should be clear that the information I gave this morning is preliminary, and may be revised once we have a had a chance to cross check the information with survivors and witnesses. The Secretary-General also spoke about this incident last night in New York."


  Al-Wahijah, Yemen        21 UPDATES

 


URGENT

 2 yrs   Airstrike on wedding party in Yemen killed up to 130, UN says

              The death toll from a suspected Saudi-led airstrike on a wedding party in southwest Yemen is believed to be as high as 130, including many women and children, the United Nations (UN) reports. (more) Read More


  Al-Wahijah, Yemen        21 UPDATES

 


URGENT
 2 yrs   Death toll from suicide bombing at Yemeni mosque rises to 28

              The death toll from two bomb explosions at a mosque in the Yemeni capital of Sana'a has risen to 28, the Houthi-controlled Saba news agency reports, citing a security source. At least 75 others were injured. The attack happened on Wednesday evening when a suicide bomber blew himself up among worshipers inside a mosque, followed by a car bombing outside the building as rescue workers arrived at the scene. The Islamic State in Yemen claimed responsibility for the attack in a statement distributed on Twitter. Footage shown by local TV channels showed a gruesome scene inside the mosque, with bodies and body parts littered across the floor.


  Sana'a, Yemen        115 UPDATES

 


 


Happening Now

Vehicle strikes security barrier near the White House

Missouri Governor Eric Greitens indicted for invasion of privacy

Australian Deputy PM Barnaby Joyce to resign over misconduct allegation

Florida Amber Alert: Juliet Odierna abducted from Cape Coral

Santa Clarita Valley International Charter School on lockdown





BNO NEWS RADIO


Listen to "BNO News - Breaking News Radio" on Spreaker.




SIGN-UP - BREAKING NEWS ALERTS



Just want the important news? Sign up now for the fastest email alerts from BNO News. Click here to get started!




LIVE WIRE


Florida Amber Alert: Juliet Odierna abducted from Cape Coral

Santa Clarita Valley International Charter School on lockdown

Mary Rose Keadjuk: Missing woman found dead after 27 years

Suicide bomber attacks U.S. embassy in Montenegro

Cardiff University lecturer Malcolm Anderson dead at 48





VIDEOS


Trump blocks release of Democratic memo on Russia probe

Strong earthquake hits northeast Taiwan, killing at least 2

British court upholds arrest warrant against Julian Assange

‘Glee’ star Mark Salling found dead in apparent suicide

Canadian billionaire and wife were murdered, police say