San Bernardino mass shooting

 

Apple’s CEO opposes court order to help FBI unlock iPhone belonging to San Bernardino shooter


PUBLISHED Wed, February 17, 2016 - 10:17am EST


Apple’s CEO Tim Cook says his company will not comply with a court order to help the FBI break into an iPhone recovered from one of the San Bernardino shooters citing the move would threaten the security of its customers. (more)

In an open letter, Cook said the FBI wanted the technology giant to create a backdoor to reveal data on an iPhone 5c owned by one of the shooters, Syed Farook.

He called the move "hacking its own users" and stressed doing so would undermine decades of security advancements that protect its customers from sophisticated hackers and cybercriminals, adding the company could find “no precedent for an American company being forced to expose its customers to a greater risk of attack."





t="1"}   San Bernardino, CA      t="1"}   95 UPDATES

 

LEAVE COMMENTS



HAPPENING NOW


AROUND THE WEB



More Updates



 1 yr   FBI probes ‘new method’ to unlock San Bernardino attacker’s iPhone

              The Federal Bureau of Investigation says it is investigating a new method that may allow investigators to break into the iPhone of San Bernardino gunman Syed Rizwan Farook without the assistance of Apple. (more) Read More


  California        95 UPDATES

 



 1 yr   FBI search San Bernardino gunman’s brother’s house

              FBI agents searched the California townhome of the brother of one of the San Bernardino terror attack shooters. Syed Raheel Farook is a Navy veteran who earned medals for fighting global terrorism. Agents were carrying out a search warrant as part of an ongoing investigation.


  San Bernardino, CA        95 UPDATES

 



 1 yr   READ: Court order instructing Apple to help FBI break into phone of San Bernardino gunman

              U.S. Magistrate Judge Sheri Pym in California has ordered Apple to assist the Federal Bureau of Investigation in breaking into the encrypted phone of Syed Rizwan Farook, who was one of the two shooters who carried out an attack in San Bernardino in December, killing 14 people. The FBI had earlier indicated that it was unable to break into Farook's phone. Read More


  San Bernardino, CA        95 UPDATES

 


 

LIVE WIRE

Minnesota Amber Alert: Harlen Hulbert abducted from Minneapolis     1 min  

6-year-old Nataly Irias missing from West Palm Beach, Florida     2 days  

Car strikes pedestrians on Essex Street in Islington, London     2 days  

Alabama Amber Alert: Christian Perkins abducted from Gordo     2 days  

Shooting outside the Cosmopolitan on the Las Vegas Strip, 1 victim     2 days  



.
email alerts



Just want the important news? Sign up now for the fastest email alerts from BNO News. Click here to get started!



Happening Now

Minnesota Amber Alert: Harlen Hulbert abducted from Minneapolis     1 min  

6-year-old Nataly Irias missing from West Palm Beach, Florida     2 days  

Car strikes pedestrians on Essex Street in Islington, London     2 days  

Alabama Amber Alert: Christian Perkins abducted from Gordo     2 days  

Shooting outside the Cosmopolitan on the Las Vegas Strip, 1 victim     2 days  



Update List

FBI probes ‘new method’ to unlock San Bernardino attacker’s iPhone     1 yr  

FBI search San Bernardino gunman’s brother’s house     1 yr  

READ: Court order instructing Apple to help FBI break into phone of San Bernardino gunman     1 yr  

Enrique Marquez, friend of San Bernardino attackers, pleads not guilty     1 yr  

FBI uncovers 18-minute gap in San Bernardino shooting timeline     1 yr  


More U.S. News

Man who drove at shoppers in Belgium faces terrorism charges     3 days  

Banker and philanthropist David Rockefeller dead at 101     1 wk  

Driver claiming to have bomb causes alert at the White House     1 wk  

Rock and roll legend Chuck Berry dead at 90     1 wk  

President Trump paid $36 million in income taxes in 2005      2 wks