Samsung Electronics Co Ltd said on Tuesday it will ask all global partners to stop sales and exchanges of the Galaxy Note7 smartphones, further deepening the smartphone company's recall crisis. Samsung, in a statement, said it was still investigating recently reported cases of fires in new Note7 devices. Samsung's decision to pull Note7s off the shelves for the second time in two months underscores the South Korean firm's struggles to fix its problems. It had already recalled 2.5 million Note7s due to faulty batteries, but the latest reports of damage on the replacement devices is raising fresh doubts about the firm's quality control abilities.
The U.S Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has urged all owners of a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to power their device down and to stop using them, saying a formal recall of the device will be issued soon. (more) Read More