BNO News







 

 

New York, NY



 
UPDATES



 2 yrs | Donald Trump: Macy’s ‘caved to special interest groups who are nothing more than professional agitators’

              Donald Trump, hitting back at Macy's after the department store announced it would end their relationship over Trump's controversial comments about immigration, says "both Macy's and NBC totally caved at the first sight of potential difficulty with special interest groups who are nothing more than professional agitators." Trump, whose statement suggested that he was the one to first end his relationship with Macy's, added: "Clearly, NBC and Macy's support illegal immigration."   


  New York, NY        11 UPDATES

 


 2 yrs | Donald Trump files a $500 million lawsuit against Univision - statement

              Business magnate Donald Trump is suing Univision for $500 million after the Spanish-language TV network terminated its contract with the Miss Universe Organization and decided that it would not broadcast the upcoming Miss USA pageant that is scheduled to take place on July 12. "Under the contract, Univision is required to broadcast the pageant live on television in Spanish," the Trump Organization said in a statement, saying that Univision's decision was "in reality, a politically motivated attempt to suppress Mr. Trump's freedom of speech." [full statement attached]   


  New York, NY        11 UPDATES

 


 2 yrs | Church releases schedule of Pope Francis’ U.S. visit in September

              The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops has released a schedule of Pope Francis' visit to the United States in September. The pontiff will meet with President Barack Obama at the White House on September 23, address the U.S. Congress in Washington, D.C. on September 24, and address the UN General Assembly in New York on September 25. He will also visit the 9/11 Memorial and Museum in New York in addition to a several other events in Philadelphia. [full schedule attached]   


  New York, NY        17 UPDATES

 


 2 yrs | New York man charged with making numerous bomb threats at JFK Airport

              A 64-year-old man from Manhattan has been arrested and charged in connection with a series of false bomb threats at John F. Kennedy International Airport earlier this month, according to the Queens District Attorney's Office. Philip Ngom has been charged with 11 counts each of first-degree falsely reporting an incident and making a terroristic threat. If convicted, he could face up to 7 years in prison.   


  New York, NY     

 

BREAKING


 2 yrs | Dow Jones Industrial Average closes down 350 points, biggest drop since June 2013

              The Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 350.33 points (-1.95%) to 17,596.35 as worries over the Greek financial crisis worsened. The S&P 500 dropped 43.85 points, a decline of 2.09 percent, to 2,057.64.   


  New York, NY        12 UPDATES

 





 


LIVE WIRE


4 people found dead at home in Ryerson, Ontario

Florida Amber Alert: Juliet Odierna abducted from Cape Coral

Santa Clarita Valley International Charter School on lockdown

Mary Rose Keadjuk: Missing woman found dead after 27 years

Suicide bomber attacks U.S. embassy in Montenegro


.

SIGN-UP - BREAKING NEWS ALERTS



Just want the important news? Sign up now for the fastest email alerts from BNO News. Click here to get started!


 
.