BNO News







 

 

World News



 
HAPPENING NOW


URGENT

 2 yrs | Death toll from checkpoint attacks in Egypt rises to 70, including soldiers and civilians - Reuters

              The death toll after dozens of Islamist militants attacked five military checkpoints in North Sinai has risen to at least 70, including many soldiers and a number of civilians, the Reuters and AFP news agencies report. It was not immediately clear whether the new toll includes some two dozen militants who were known to have also died in the attack, which was claimed by the Islamic State (ISIS) group.   


  Egypt        6 UPDATES

 


 2 yrs | U.S.-led forces carry out another 17 airstrikes against ISIS in Iraq, Syria - task force

              U.S.-led forces have carried out another 17 airstrikes against Islamic State (ISIS) targets in Iraq and Syria, the Combined Joint Task Force reports. All but five of the airstrikes were carried out in Iraq, where coalition forces carried out, among other airstrikes, three airstrikes near Sinjar and two near Mosul. One airstrike near Rawah had "inconclusive results," the force said, without elaborating. [full statement attached]   


  Iraq        115 UPDATES

 

EVENT

 2 yrs | VIDEO: President Obama delivers statement on U.S.-Cuba restoring diplomatic relations

              Video starts at 28:00. Transcript attached.   


  Washington, D.C.        17 UPDATES

 


 2 yrs | Dutch Safety Board to publish final reports on MH17 crash in early October - letter

              The Dutch Safety Board, which leads the international investigation into the crash of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 in Ukraine last year, says in a letter to the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) that it expects to publish its final report in the first half of October. "The draft final reports on the investigation into the crash and the investigation pertaining to flight routes were made available to the accredited representatives of the participating States on Tuesday, 2 June. In accordance with ICAO Annex 13, they have sixty days to submit comments on the reports," the Board said in its letter. [full statement and letter attached]   


  Hrabove, Ukraine        7 UPDATES

 

BREAKING

 2 yrs | Obama confirms restoration of diplomatic relations in letter to Castro, embassies to open July 20 - Cuban foreign ministry

              U.S. President Barack Obama has sent a letter to Cuban President Raúl Castro that confirms the decision to restore diplomatic relations between the two countries and to open permanent diplomatic missions in their respective capitals on July 20, Cuba's foreign ministry says. [full statement attached]   


  Havana, Cuba        17 UPDATES

 

URGENT

 2 yrs | Nuclear talks between Iran and world powers ‘have made progress and will make progress,’ Iran’s foreign minister says - Reuters
  


  Iran        97 UPDATES

 

URGENT

 2 yrs | 2 explosions heard in Egyptian town of Rafah on border with Gaza - Reuters citing witnesses
  


  Rafah, Egypt        6 UPDATES

 


 2 yrs | Kerry meets Iran’s foreign minister as nuclear negotiations continue

              U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry is meeting with Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif in Vienna to continue negotiations in an attempt to reach a nuclear accord by July 7. A senior U.S. State Department official, providing an update on condition of anonymity, said the meeting began at 2:01 p.m. local time. [full quote attached]   


  Vienna, Austria        97 UPDATES

 

URGENT

 2 yrs | Death roll rises to 50 after Islamist militant attacks in Egypt - Reuters

              The death toll after dozens of Islamist militants attacked five military checkpoints in North Sinai has risen to at least 50, the Reuters news agency reports, citing security sources. It was not immediately clear whether those killed were all soldiers or whether the toll includes at least 23 attackers who were earlier confirmed to have been killed.   


  Egypt        6 UPDATES

 


 2 yrs | Number of Britons killed in Tunisia resort attack rises to 27 - Cameron

              The number of Britons confirmed to have been killed in last week's attack on a beach resort in Tunisia has risen to at least 27, British Prime Minister David Cameron has told the House of Commons as identification efforts continue. "We do expect it to rise still further," Cameron said. A total of 38 people, plus the attacker, were killed when a gunman opened fire at a beach resort in Sousse on Friday. [full quote attached]   


  Tunisia        12 UPDATES

 




 
Breaking Now

Vehicle strikes security barrier near the White House     1 day  

Powerful 7.2-magnitude earthquake hits southern Mexico     1 wk  

South African President Jacob Zuma succumbs to pressure, resigns     1 wk  

Zimbabwe opposition leader Morgan Tsvangirai dead at 65     1 wk  

Police recommend charging Israeli PM Netanyahu with bribery     1 wk  


SIGN-UP - BREAKING NEWS ALERTS



Just want the important news? Sign up now for the fastest email alerts from BNO News. Click here to get started!



Urgent

Suicide bomber attacks U.S. embassy in Montenegro     2 days  

Large military plane crashes in southwest China     3 wks  

Building collapses after explosion in Belgium, injuring at least 11     1 mon  

Man arrested over New Year’s Eve terror plot in Melbourne      3 months  

‘The Sopranos’ actor Frank Vincent dead at 80     5 months  



Events

WATCH LIVE: North Korea to stage major military parade     2 wks  

WATCH LIVE: Eruption underway at Mount Agung in Indonesia      3 months  

WATCH LIVE: Euronews coverage of Catalan crisis      4 months  

WATCH LIVE: Local TV coverage of the German general election     5 months  

WATCH LIVE: Indian guru Ram Rahim Singh found guilty amid fears of unrest     6 months  


Submit News Tip



If you see news happening or have a story idea, click here to send a tip.


..